I know you have a PC and Windows is your operating system, so there are a few ways to retrieve or reset it.
- If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
- If you’re using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online.
- If you’re using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
And I’m also guessing you won’t know the answers to the below hahah soooo I can offer you phone/email assistance or this highly recommended book titled Windows 10 for Seniors and Beginners.
For Mac users the most simple solutions to retrieve or restore your password are below.
- Make sure that you’re typing the correct uppercase or lowercase characters. If your keyboard has Caps Lock turned on, the password field shows a Caps Lock symbol .
- If the password field shows a question mark, click it to display a password hint that might help you to remember.
- Try to log in without a password. If that works, you can then add a password by following the steps to change your password.
- Try to log in with the Apple ID password that you use for iCloud. If you just changed that password and the new password isn’t working, try the old password first. If that works, you should be able to use the new password from then on.
Suggested reading for each system: